IT certifications can validate your IT skills you worked so hard on! This certification shows employers what you can do with those skills and gives you a sort of “badge of knowledge.” The way to get certified is easily doable if you already hold the skills needed to propel your career in that direction. Furthermore, certifications are a positive way to grow and attract employers, setting you apart from the herd.
Below, you will find a complete list of the 15 most in-demand certifications for 2021 within IT. Let’s get started!
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – This certification is a great choice for your resume if you are skillful in cloud computing strategies. AWS is used consistently at companies, no matter the size, and the focus is mainly on designing capable and cost-effective systems.
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) – CCSP details your knowledge and skillset in designing, maintaining, and securing data within cloud applications. This certification is great for those working with cloud technology and attracts employers looking for enterprise architects, security administrators, system engineers, system architects, and more. The exam needed to acquire the certificate secures knowledge on cloud concepts, architecture, design, security, and risks.
- Certified Data Privacy Solutions Engineer (CDPSE) – CDPSE can be acquired through the ISACA, and it is designed to demonstrate your skillset on the complexity of private data. This certification is “experience-based,” and assesses your ability to understand the design of protecting data. This allows technology companies to build better security of their data, and trust that it sticks.
- Certified Data Professional (CDP) – CDP offers learning courses that candidates can choose from including business analytics, data analytics, data integration, data warehousing, information systems, and many more. Companies are attracted to these certifications because of the wide range of domains to certify in. Offered at various levels, it allows candidates to experience a better understanding of executive management.
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) – CEH demonstrates your skillset in vulnerable computer systems that may be open to hacking, and your efficiency in preventing it. The role of an ethical hack gets into the mind of a “malicious” hacker to ensure there are no future security attacks. They are responsible for finding the weakness that can potentially produce a threat and reworking it to fit the ideal protection the organization needs.
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) – A CISM works to ensure security is governed, which is a growing demand in global business sectors. This certification process is for IT professionals who already work to manage IT security and want to improve their expertise in the field of information security governance and risk management.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) – CISSP demonstrates the knowledge and abilities of roles within IT security. The certification process is led by topics in organizational structure, risk management, asset security, security assessment, and more. This certification is only applicable for individuals with experience already in two or more of the eight domains in the CISSP Common Body of Knowledge (CBK). However, a degree from an accredited four-year institution will merit a chance for the certification.
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) – CCIE demonstrates one’s knowledge within specialty areas including enterprise infrastructure, enterprise wireless, data center, security, and more. This is the highest level achievable within Cisco’s program and is recommended after five to seven years of work experience in the specialty areas offered.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) – This certification process revolves around several areas in Cisco including security, wireless routing/switching, industrial information, IoT, cyber operations, cloud collaborations, and more. One year of experience working with Cisco products and available services is required, along with knowledge in IP addresses, and network fundamentals.
- Cisco Certified Professional Network Professional (CCNP) – This certification process is the next text after earning your CCNA. With CCNP, a choice is available in what one chooses to be certified in amongst enterprise, data center, security service provider, CyberOps, and more. Like the CCNA, there are several specializations offered, although, it is recommended you stick to the one you have three to five years of experience in.
- Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect – This expert role is designed for professionals who succeed in cloud development and leadership roles. These professionals are primarily responsible for advising stakeholders and structuring reliable development and solutions for the institution. Because this position is at an “expert level,” your knowledge and skillset are heavily put to the test, quite literally.Because Microsoft offers several certifications, this expert-level exam is only for well-experienced individuals in tech design.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) – The MSCA is designed for entry-level candidates. So, if you are a nervous individual, and just trying to find a footing in the tech world, the MCSA is perfect in strengthening your experience on your resume. However, a revamp of the certification program is in progress, and the MCSA regulations may alter.
- Oracle Certified MySQL Database Administrator (CMDBA) – This certification is offered through Oracle University. This is designed for already experienced database administrators who want to improve and showcase their skillset in database knowledge. The certifications allow one to “prove your ability to deliver reliability and performance to current and future employees,” according to the university. The paths included in this process are professional, Specialist, and Developer, which is only attainable bypassing the MySQL Database Administrator Certified Professional Exam.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) – A PMP certification is offered readily through the Project Management Institute, which tends to highlight “advanced” project management experts. This certification process specifically covers project management, and the five stages of a project’s cycle: initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, and closing, according to the institute.
- Salesforce Certified Development Lifecycle and Deployment Designer – Lastly, this designing and development position is certified through the Certified Systems Architect certification program and is designed for professionals already in IT. The ideal responsibility of this role is used to assess a company’s architecture requirements.
Now that you have a bit of an understanding of the most in-demand certifications within the tech world, try to see where your qualifications and skillset match! The opportunities are endless with these certifications under your belt.